Monday, September 12, 2022

8 DAYS to 40 — HELLO, INTROVERT SPEAKING...

Some people have friends that stick with them from school. Some have cousins they are close to. Some have siblings who never fall out of their life's boundaries even if there are ups and downs in their relationship. Some have colleagues that are like family. Some or all of these in their everyday lives... People find their tribe.

I miss having my handful of loved ones (peers) geographically close to me, and more in my daily (or at least weekly) life. I've tried in my own small ways to re-ignite old friendships and to make new ones, but most people already have their seemingly ringfenced tribes.

In the late 90s and early 2000s, virtual friends (penpals, blogs) were a great support system and a couple of them became very important in-person connections too. A part of me still romanticises that time and craves connections via that realm. 

I'm aware I might need different tribes for different needs. Feeling tentative, though, as I gather the impetus to dive into this more actively in the in-person realm.

1 comment:

Jeevan said...

Glad to see your blog again and your writing on the old days of rejuvenation. I, too, miss the bonding we formerly had through blogs, which is no longer the case with bloggers today, but I continue to blog with people who genuinely read my blog, even if the type of interaction we did then is no longer possible. As you say, the priority and need keep us shifting from one platform to another, and we stick to some to maintain life in balance. Despite the covid, I hope life is good :)

Keep writing buddy