Tuesday, September 20, 2022

0 DAYS — I AM FORTY!

I am very glad I did this '40 DAYS TO 40' exercise. Earlier this year, the thought of turning 40 left me constantly cloudy-headed and I didn't know what was bothering me - was this the notorious mid-life crisis or was this some form of anxiety/depression, was it the fear of seeing the white ghost of mortality streak across my line of vision or was it just being tired and sleep-deprived? Was I happy with my life or was I dissatisfied?

Jotting my thoughts down in this blog has helped me acknowledge every one of those feral feelings - and identify that I have to address some with action, some with knowledge, and some with just acceptance. I guess, like me, my thoughts and feelings also just wanted to be heard and felt. We are friends now, and friends don't always have to agree on everything.

Happy Birthday to me! 


2 comments:

IJ said...

Happy birthday! Cheers to maturing like fine wine.

Kavin said...

Hello brother. You may not know me. Your blog was one of the inspirations for me to start my own blog in 2006 (which is now defunct since 2013). Am glad you are still writing. I would wish you belated birthday wishes, but it is going to be September 2023 in three months. so advance birthday wishes! age is still always going to be a number! hope your year went great. cheers!