Tuesday, October 24, 2017

A TIME FOR MUSIC

I've never been able to understand how someone can listen to music and do something else at the same time. Like household chores, for example. Or even worse, studying. Music demands every ounce of my attention. Doing anything else simultaneously feels like an injustice to the music. I've tried to adapt very hard to multitasking with music involved, but miserably failed. During my commute to work would have been an option, if not for the unhealthy increase in volume required to listen to the music over surrounding noises.

As a result of this, in my current set of priorities, I've completely stopped listening to music. Books met that fate years ago, after which I've struggled really hard to make exclusive reading time and finish several books.

I make time every night to read my son a book. Someday soon, I need to make time to listen to some music.

1 comment:

Ravi said...

True that. I have known few of my friends who (back then) said they used to listen to music over walkman (yes!) and work out problems. I like listening to music when doing tasks like cooking, household chores or other work which does not involve much thinking. Many times, I turn on music to beat loneliness or just before sleeping and end up staying awake to 'listen' to the song instead :P