Saturday, June 17, 2006

TO HELL AND BACK


Finally have an internet connection at home - will be able to resume blogging regularly again! Getting a connection, however was hell! The small fry ISPs had deadly tariffs and limited bandwidth, while many major players did not operate in the area I live. I was reduced to opting for BSNL. From this, you can understand my desperation.

From the minute I filled out the application form in the BSNL office till the time the modem was installed in my house, I've broken the Limca Record for the maximum number of phone calls to a single company regarding a single issue. No one gives you solutions, everyone has numbers of the "right person" to hand out, you are forced to travel from one end of the city to another across various BSNL offices!

The broadband speed is not exactly the promised 256 kbps, but definitely faster than some other ISPs I have seen in the past. It's a pity that BSNL customer service sucks - in fact it would be an insult to BSNL to mention that they have a customer service department.

10 comments:

kuttichuvaru said...

welcome bak man!! blog world did miss u!!

me doin gud... how hav u been??

Anonymous said...

Welcome back man...hope you start blogging regularly from now...

AvR said...

I was in Scotland recently and had to rely on a dial-up line in a home that still has rotary phones. If someone tried to call in while I was online, it knocked me off the web. How incredibly frustrating!

I'm happy you've a connection now, and look forward to reading much more of your posts. =)

Archana said...

Welcome back to the cyber world :-D!

samania saman said...

yay!

Alagar said...

happy! u hv come

Random Access said...

Good to c u bak! Have fun with BSNL. The service itself is not half as bad as the customer service, is what I have heard!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Jeevan said...

Nice to see u back dear. we can expect more post here after from you know!:)

Jo said...

Yeah, they suck big time! Be it broadband, cell one whatever - their customer service is too bad. The only thing I rely on their cellphone service is the rates.

Mythreyee said...

welcome back!!!! n yea, bsnl has always sucked at customer service! all's well dat ends well, rite? :) gr8 dat u finally hav a broadband!